Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any comments on fertomid 50

Default Any comments on fertomid 50

Hi all, I'm new to this site and was just wondering if anyone knows the success rate of fertomid, this is my second month on the medication, first mnth no luck.. hubby has a low sperm count but +2 mobility and something else.. we have been trying to concieve for over two years now, i just find myself constantly waiting and hoping after being told by numerous doctors that there is nothing wrong with me, i finally got an answer that my eggs dont mature thus being put on fertomid..
    any opions would be much appreciated..

thank you

Firstly, welcome! Hope your stay is short & sweet. I was on 50mg clomid for my first child and conceived in the first month of taking it. You don't say whether you are seeing an FS or not. If not, please see one. Many ladies, including myself, here on the forum have wasted precious time at a gynae.
    Leanne

DH : 45 - 2% morphology & ME : 37 - Fibroids
    Jun 05 : LB born after 1 cycle Clomid.
    TTC #2: 3 years & 4 months
    2008 : Many Timed Cycles BFNs
    Nov 08 : IUI - BFN
    2009 : Lap, Hysteroscopy etc - 2 fibroids removed
    2009 : 3 Timed Cycles - BFN
    2010 : Timed BFN's, lap - fibroid removed, IUI -BFN
    Sept 10 : IUI #2! - BFP Beta 14DPO - 199 Beta 17DPO - 763
    1st scan : good heartbeat & measures 10.6mm!
    Baby boy born 1 June 2011 weighing 4.15kg!
    Surprise BFP! 1st Beta 6715!

Hi there!

I am on my third cycle of fertomid 50. I got a BFP in my first month on fertomid, we are also trying to conceive for 3 odd years now. Unfortulately that pregnancy ended in a miscarriage, but it is proof that fertomid does work!

Good luck!
    Last edited by Lucky; 10-18-2010 at 06:07 PM.
    Me: 30
    DH: 31
    TTC: 3 years
    1 cycle Fertomid : BFP - m/c at 6 weeks (June 2010)
    2 x cycle break
    Sept: 50mg Fertomid - BFN
    Oct: 50mg Fertomid - BFN
    Nov: 75mg Fertomid - finally 2 follies! - BFN
    Dec: 75mg Fertomid - BFP! - Beta 230
    First scan booked for 27 January 2011

Thanks so much guys, i feel a bit better now..
    No not seeing FS seeing a gynae he very very good.. im only on fertomid for 3 cycles then we moving on to iui or ivf on of the two he doesnt want to waste anymore time, had good reviews from many different people he a great doc. But if we do not concieve in the next yr will definately look into an FS are they very expensive?

Sorry about your loss lucky..

Hi welcome! I've found my FS is actually cheaper if you take his prices for consultations and scans into account than a normal gynae! I found that out earlier this year when I was pregnant and had to make an appointment with a gynae. I have found that as soon as they start talking about IUI and IVF it's best to move to a FS. They have so much more experience and in the long term it's definitely cheaper, because they get you pregnant quicker...
    TTC: 11.5 years
    Married: 16 years
    ME: 41 - Endo 2, polyps, adenomyosis, abnormal papsmears and cysts on ovaries
    DH: 42 - 48% chromosomally abnormal sperm
    2 Colposcopies, 2 Lap's, 4 hysteroscopies, and D & C evac
    8 IUI's - All BFN
    2 IVF's - BFN
    1 FET - BFN (with IL)
    Last IVF (april 2010) (with IL) - BFP but m/c @ 10 weeks (trisomy 13) & blighted ovum @ 7 weeks
    Natural miraculous BFP - Baby Gian born on 26/12/2011
    My Blog: http://keepingmyeyesonjesus.wordpress.com/

Oh wow, i will defenately have a look into getting an FS.. Maybe in Jan once back from holiday.
    Just so tired of jumping from doc to doc... and then u get the ones who say there nothing wrong.. just keep trying..
    How do you keep positive have seen on your profile you been trying to concieve for 11yrs ( if you dnt mind me asking). I feel so down most of the time.

I have also heard the nothing wrong diagnosis - those dr's did not know what they were talking about because it turned out there was plenty wrong! Its not easy to keep positive - I found it's like a rollercoaster ride - some days are up and some are down... I found it helps to have a POA and to be busy with treatments - as long as there is hope you can go on - as soon as you have no hope, its depression time...
    8 IUI's - All BFN
    2 IVF's - BFN
    1 FET - BFN (with IL)
    Last IVF (april 2010) (with IL) - BFP but m/c @ 10 weeks (trisomy 13) & blighted ovum @ 7 weeks

I see thank you for the advice,
    do you prepahs know if its normal to have alot of pain it feels like its in the ovaries burning stabbing.. i am ovulating today dr said I have 3 eggs they were 16mm on friday he said i was due to ovulate today is the pain normal?

It is probably ovulation pain - I can imagine that it can be a bit sore if you ovulate 3. All the best! I hope you get pregnant!
    8 IUI's - All BFN
    2 IVF's - BFN
    1 FET - BFN (with IL)